Thursday, January 13, 2011

Peasant's Soup



which, as the title implies, was actually quite inexpensive - the main ingredients being tomatoes and beans. It was quite good considering that it was just a simple soup recipe. I guess sometimes it comes down to the right combos of veggies and spices.
Calgary is cold right now. Which means this week will be doling out many hearty pasta dishes. That's right people, when it's cold, we live for comfort food.
As I write this I am home while my dear husband has fun adventures with his friend Luke, while we stay home sick. And by we, I mean the dog and me - we're both sick. Who knew dogs got ear infections too? And I must say I feel mighty bad for the poor guy seeing as how I grew up with ear infections and still get them from time to time. Well, maybe some soup will make us better :)

No comments: