Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Tracks in the Snow


Hers and His snowshoes

crazy florescent lichen

We got a great deal to go to Banff for 2 nights and to go snowshoeing last weekend. I had only ever been snowshoeing with the crazy old time snowshoes and let me tell you - these new snowshoes are SOOOOOO much easier to use. We hiked out to the paint pots in BC which are these ochre tainted pools, which the natives used to dye things red. Very cool. The snow was over a metre thick where we were, but the temperature was 5 C. Pure bliss. Once we got to our destination there was hot chocolate, crazy carpeting . . .

and maple taffy.

Can you tell how much I love maple taffy?



Couldn't be happier . . .

1 comment:

Trev and Rebekah said...

You two are cute and I miss you!