Or am I just that pathetic of a blogger? Well, I am still alive, so I guess that just makes me pathetic. Also adding to that fact is the fact that our computer broke down and we couldn't get windows to work on it anymore, so I switched to a free program called Linux *shout out to Ben* and I can't figure out how to get pictures on it. Blast. Nonetheless, here is a little literary update on our lives, numbered, but in no particular order.
1. We are selling our house. So if you know anyone in the market for the best Condo in Calgary, let them know. And once it's sold, I must change the name of the blog as we will no longer be "Riverfolk". Sad, but true. In answer to your questions, we don't know if we will rent or buy after, but one of us (unnamed) thinks the market will crash and also does not want to own anything so we'll see where we go with that one.
2. We are taking Spanish lessons. Or should I say nosotros estamos tomar clases Espanol. Please feel free not to correct me if this is wrong. Just give me a stinking A for effort. And I don't know how to get the little accent on the N so forget about that too. Oh why did I even mention Spanish. We can barely count to ten. At least we try.
3. We have applied (and been accepted) with MCC to serve in long term service (2+ years). This is not actually as exciting as it may appear at first glance in that it doesn't mean we are actually going anywhere right now. It just means we could. . . if the right opportunity presented itself . . . and all the details worked out. . . Regardless this is something we are both extremely excited about, but at the same time we are trusting in God's plan and keep living life fully here in Calgary until something else presents itself.
4. After waiting and hoping for many years, we are finally expecting a new arrival. Okay, so the arrival is not new, it's just new to us. And they're not really coming here, just to LA. But the waiting and hoping is true - we have always wanted to see U2 live and we're just extra pumped that we get to see them in LA and that the tickets are quite unbelievable, that's all.
5. My brother got married to the lovely Tania at the end of March and a fun weekend was had by all. Jonathan looked like he was ready to bounce right out of his suit during the ceremony. I've NEVER seen him look quite so excited. I'm just happy that he found someone willing to marry him with all that he comes with (like a cabbage he's had in his fridge for 5 years and two moves across provinces). They are a lovely couple and I'm so happy for them and to finally have a sister!
Well, I think that's about long enough for now. As you can see, life has been quite eventful for us lately. Hopefully I'll be able to get some more pictures up soon. And now I must rescue my slowcooker soup from the oven where I hid it when we had a house showing this afternoon. Sometimes I run out of space to hide things and then I remember . . . . there's always the oven. *props to Gord and his parents*
3 comments:
I would love some pics from when we were out there with you guys.
Yeah for being accepted. So now do they just call you with opportunities and you choose to go or not? Looking forward to hearing more and I love your idea of living life fully in Calgary until you go. That's how I feel about our time in BC (when we actually get out there).
Great update!! I lost your blogger link when I changed my template...so I will add it asap. Sounds like many exciting things are happening in your world. and it sounds like God is moving too, which is always exciting!! I will look forward to following on your journey with you. Thanks for the email the other day.
Number 4 is seriously the best thing to have ever happened in blog world since its inception!
Post a Comment