Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Fall is now here . . .


and it's beautiful outside. Here is the view from the balcony. It's my favorite time of year for running because I love the crunch of leaves under my feet.

We have been keeping busy with a variety of things. We went on a trip to visit family and friends in Saskatoon. We got to see many good friends and spent a day on the lake with my family. My camera battery was really low, but I managed to snap a pic of Blackstrap mountain before it died.

If you need help, the mountain is right in the middle of the picture. I love Saskatchewan. I really do.

Gord and our friend Lance ran a half marathon in Canmore. They had a great time.

And Shoshanna and I had a great time watching - not running.

We have been trying to settle in with a church and honestly having not a whole lot of luck. This leaves us (especially me) in a place of frustration and impatience. I just want to be serving and ministering in a practical way and it seems I hit a road bump at every turn. This has however, left me with much spare time for sewing, crocheting, baking etc. So if anyone happens to stop by, you will be greeted with a friendly cup of coffee and a fresh baked cookie. . . and maybe even a blanket.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Janice - I love you. I appreciate you. You are a great friend.

Signing off,
your other floundering friend in Calgary,

Amy H.

Trev and Rebekah said...

I love you! I love the update too.
We felt so welcome in your home.
Maybe instead of needing to serve it's time to sit and be with Jesus for awhile.?

Kelsie-Lynn said...

What a great update! The Blackstrap picture made me giggle a lot! I really hope you guys can find a church to call Home soon.