Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Okay you Stampede hating smart alecs

So, after receiving much flack about my lack of updates. Here goes. It has been a very difficult and challenging summer for Gord and I with my Mom's illness and the death of Nate. I have been up and down emotionally and very difficult to live with but Gord has persevered. Even when I cry after he asks me what's for dinner. Women. For those of you wondering, my Mom is doing wonderfully well and we are looking forward to seeing my family again this Thanksgiving. Nathan's life and death has seriously impacted our lives, as I know it has for many of your. Amidst the heartache of losing a friend and example, we (just as many of you) have been pushed head first into a more serious look at our faith, our love for Jesus and how are lives are an example of that love. Through this refining in our lives, God is giving us new passion for reaching out to the lost. New and exciting ideas that seem to be inching closer to reality. Friends, God has chosen us to be his vessels. He has a plan for us even when we can only see today's step. We are excited about the possibilities of what God will do when we step aside and let Him work through us.
In other, less serious and thought provoking news, I did the Run for the Cure on Sunday alone and found it a rather pleasurable experience. I did also help that this year's run was not hampered by the torrential rains of last year.

At SEMA we had our 3rd birthday party on Sunday which I made the following cupcake cake for.

Here's what it was supposed to look like.

I'm only human people. I'm not a pastry chef.


P.S. I'm noticing that much of my blogging centres around food. Hmmm...

6 comments:

Kelsie-Lynn said...

Yeah for a new update! I have been wondering how you are doing! I am excited to hear more in the days to come about what God is doing in your lives. We really enjoyed our brief visit with you guys at the Baerwald/Scammell wedding. We'd love to have coffee sometime. Take care and have a great Thanksgiving!

Rosanna Toews said...

Think of you often.

Jonny said...

So, is stampede over or not?

karina said...

thanks for taking an interest in the life of carrot... and your cupcakes look delectable :)

Anonymous said...

Hey, I loved the green&white cupcakes. Not only were they great cupcakes, but they're Rider colours.

Yes, I still cheer the Riders. You can take the guy out of Saskatchewan etc..

Trev and Rebekah said...

Hey girl, good to see a new update. We'll have to chat again some time on the phone. What do you think of the cd I sent you? Do you like it? I prefer some of their other stuff more.
You are looking good these days. Congrats on running too!