Not being much of a Stampeder myself, I was surprised when I started getting quite excited about my staff party at Stampede. Maybe it was the prospect of a free meal that I didn't have to cook. Whatever it was, Gord and I hauled our keesters off to have a wonderful hoe down. The food was excellent, the company superb, but after we didn't win any door prizes, we snuck out to the fair grounds. And what an adventure that was. People, I have been to Stampede before, but I must say, this time round I was thouroughly overwhemled. So many lights, colors, sounds and smells (okay, I couldn't really smell anything - thanks summer cold).

I needed relief - fast. This relief came in the wonderful form of Dippin Dots - the only carny food we actually braved.

Also available at the grounds -

I have nothing more to say about that.

And also, had the priviledge of hearing the lovely Jann Arden. What a voice!
5 comments:
That post just made me excited to come out and visit all you folks in Calgary in 2 weeks! Can't wait to be there!
Love you posts Janice. They always make me laugh!
So can you explain dippin dots??? :0) I like you top by the way.
Basically, I think you two are genius... and I am SO jealous about the Stampede! I have recently discovered (just yesterday)... that my beloved hub does NOT like events such as the Stampede, the Ex, etc...
WHAT?
How did I NOT know this before I said YES???? Unbelievable! And question: did you eat any of the mini-donuts? Cuz seriously... I could die with pleasure while eating those bad (and I mean... bad) dogs!
Good coverage of the B-S wedding as well... :) I wish I could've hung out with you guys more though! Gar...
Man, Stampede is long in Calgary.
Here I thought Todd and I had missed out on Stampede. Good thing it's still going strong!
Brianne
Post a Comment