
We had coloring, face painting, a play area, door prizes and cookie decorating. Luckily for me I got this for Christmas.
Made making these a lot easier.
Okay, they were just too tempting.
Here I am setting up.
And rallying my troops for action.
All in all it was a very fun (although exhausting) day. I put in quite a bit of work, so I was hoping for a pretty decent turnout. Not as many people showed up as I had hoped, but we were able to make a few connections with people in the community, so my goal was reached. By the way, very cute movie if you haven't had the chance to see it yet. I would love to do much more of this sort of thing, but I'm realizing that I probably don't have the time right now. So many plans, so little time to do them in. Prayers would be useful to find someone to partner with me in this ministry (a "Mercy Ministry" - general outreach and meeting people's needs) as I didn't exactly chase down the role of leadership, but wanted to serve. It's been a bit of a tough realization for me to know that the visions and dreams God gives us don't always happen on our schedule.
On a side note, did anyone notice the Huskies Bunnyhug (that's right - bunnyhug) in one pic and the matching Huskies T-shirt in the other? That's right, I got the entire matching green Huskies set for Christmas. Thanks Mom. And Dad.
3 comments:
Janice you're hilarious!
That sounded like a really good time and that it turned out pretty well. I wish you luck and we will pray for the "mercy ministry". It sounds very interesting and very neat; I would love to hear more about it. I will email you this week and then you can tell me all about it! I think I would be interested in helping you out when we're home since I know with you involved it will continue and just grow bigger!
Louise
Janice it's a hoodie not bunny hug! I hear you on our dreams taking God's time, not ours. Keep trusting God gave you those dreams and visions and that as you surrender them to him he will use you with them in His time. You are awesome. Keep serving God and others. Love ya, Rebekah Friesen
The whole Huskies set?! Wow - I am so jealous! So glad to hear about this new ministry - sounds perfectly suited to you! Miss you!!!
Post a Comment