Tuesday, March 01, 2011

YES, I still cook

I've just been busy, okay? And if you had internet as slow as I do, you'd put off uploading pictures as well. Here's what I've been up to:

Whipped Sweet Potatoes with Maple Pecan Topping

which tastes as good as it sounds and better than it looks!

Spaghetti Squash with Roasted Tomatoes
This was fabulous and felt very filling for a veggie meal.

In other interesting news, today is the last day for Gord as a plumber! He is more than ecstatic and the fact that today was -30 plus windchill puts him over the moon to quit his job. From now on he will be partnering with his Dad doing contracting work which will include the plumbing work as well. He's very happy to diversify. Gord worked with his Dad for a few months two years ago and enjoyed his time, so we know this new work situation will be great. Congrats Gord - you can flush plumbing in -30 goodbye!


4 comments:

ashleymarie said...

mmm those both look so tasty!

congrats to Gord, that will be wonderful. it is freezing cold here today & michael is out clearing snow.. i am not at all jealous!

we may be heading out to BC in april or may, driving through Calgary, so maybe we could see you guys in our way through for an evening or something!!

love ash

Melissa said...

Yummy! Those food pictures look amazing. Care to share the recipes???

Elissa said...

Those whipped sweet potatoes look amazing... can I come for dinner? Hooray for Gord! Hope he enjoys a change of careers!!

Trev and Rebekah said...

Oh Gord you can't quit yet you need to take my son in in 18 years! :0) Just kidding.

That spaghettig squash looks AMAZING! Can I have that recipe too?