Sunday, March 21, 2010

the house 1

Ah . . . the post you've all been waiting for. I've decided to split it into two because the uploads just take so darn long with lite speed internet. For those who haven't talked to us recently. This was a 2-3 month project that turned into a 7 month project including much more renovation than we had anticipated. We ended up renovating the entire main floor, leaving the basement for another time. We worked tirelessly (especially Gord) for a long time, but I definitely feel that the results are worth it!
So. . . for today's photos, we are starting with the living room/kitchen. I've tried to do a direct comparison so you get a better feeling. I have some extra photos of the kitchen at the end, as it wasn't much to photograph in the before pics. Enjoy!

Main Living Room/Bay Window Before:
After:

Other Side of Bay Window/Old Front Door Before:
After (no door anymore):

East Living Room Wall Before:
After:


Bay Window Before:
And After:

Kitchen Before:

After:



Thanks for coming on this mini tour. Drop by anytime!

8 comments:

Kelsie-Lynn said...

Wow! It looks awesome! Nice work you guys.

karina said...

i especially love the window seat :) everything looks really great! you guys do good work :)

Trev and Rebekah said...

Wow!!! Looks amazing. You two did an awesome job! Did you get my facebook message?

Lisa Moran said...

Your house is gorgeous! Excited for you to see your dream of being in a little old house in Bowness is coming true!!!

Anonymous said...

Yippee! I'm so excited for you guys! Just waiting for pics of the bathroom now...... :)

Amy H

Rosanna Toews said...

Lovely. Absolutely lovely.

Sandra said...

Nicely done! I absolutely love the window seat - kinda jealous - I've always wanted one of those. I know what it's like to be doing renos for longer than anticipated - so glad you can be settled and enjoying your new space. Hopefully we can visit sometime soon.

Jodie said...

I love it too, however did enjoy the pre kitchen a bit more than the post kitchen, I am a sucker for a 50's kitchen....
Jodie