Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Amazing Sights


This week was a very productive week on the house. We started siding and are now finished the horizontal planks with only the shakes left.

We also made time to have a little fun at Globalfest (which is kinda like Folkfest all in one place for you Saskatooners). Globalfest also features an incredible fireworks competition. Gord and are are both very cheap people so we've always gone within fireworks viewing range with equally cheap friends and watched for free. This year we sucked it up and payed the fifteen dollars and watched from within the park. I cannot explain to you the difference. So wonderful. I was like a child at Christmas and I couldn't help but smile, laugh and exclaim the entire time. We had a terrific time with our friends Keith and Amy and our friend Sharon who I hadn't seen in a long, long time. Thanks for all the laughs guys.




On a lighter note, I went in for a haircut today and it just kept getting shorter and shorter and now I am officially appalled to say that Gord has longer hair than me. Didn't see that one coming when we got married. Oh well, you win some, you lose some, right?
Hope you all have a wonderful long weekend and think of us toiling away on our home. Have a hot dog for us, will you?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there Gord and Janice - okay - your house is looking mighty fine!! Amazing but tons of hard work hey! It is fun to be able to keep up with you through the blogs - since "in person" isn't happening ALTHOUGH now that I am done my paid position - who knows, maybe there might be a good plane fare heading west!! Janice - I think you need to post a pic of your new hair cut!! And Gord - I saw the one of you with your long hair and this old aunt was surprised - you don't look so bad in long hair!! :)
Regardless - long hair, short hair, no hair - I love you both!!
love auntie joy

Trev and Rebekah said...

Can we see pics of you two and your hair?