Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Blessings

This season I'm finding myself a feeling quite blessed. And not just in the glad I have a warm place to sleep and enough to eat kind of way - although I am. I'm finding myself blessed in the way that there is a God who loves me enough to have redeemed me from all my valleys and brought me through. Blessed to have a God who loves me enough to challenge me in every way I know. A God who chases after me to redeem me - He will not let me go. I have seen His love this last year in the way He carried me through my Mom's illness and a difficult summer. I have seen his love in the love I share with Gord. It seems that today I have caught a glimpse of a beautiful God who sets me free anew everyday with His wonderful grace. He carries me. Oh that we could rest in His presence close at hand.

3 comments:

Myriam said...

Amen Janice! Glad to hear ;)

Trev and Rebekah said...

Wonderful words. Really do hope to see you on the 27th or 28th. Let's make it work. Do you remember our date when the guys made us supper and we were locked in my room for a few hours while they cooked?

Kelsie-Lynn said...

What a wonderful word picture you created. Thanks for sharing. Its a great reminder! Have a great Christmas.