Monday, May 28, 2007

Rollercoaster Life

So today I flew back home to visit my mom and help out in any way I could. My mom was scheduled for a triple (?) bypass today, but it got postponed until Wednesday. Thanks for all of you who are praying. It's so tough when you get prepared for something like that and then, oh, no, not enough nurses, better luck next time. We're all going kind of crazy playing this waiting game. I don't know if I should be worried or not, but I'm not really. It's funny, but I really do believe that God is in control of this one and no matter what the outcome - God is still God and I will trust in Him. Do I get the feeling God's hand is in this? Definitely. At the same time the family's emotions are in an emotional blender, God's timed it that Myriam, who's been away in Africa for 10 months, just happens to arrive back in Saskatoon at the same time. So while I'm here being a support for my family, God's provided support for me. Coincidence? More like a God who is bigger than any ideas of my own. Amazing but true tales of a God who is more than able to conquer and more than willing to take us in His arms and carry us.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen! You are in our thoughts and prays.

Trev and Rebekah said...

I am glad you have a friend there. God is good that way. Sorry to hear about the waiting game. Sure hope the surgery goes well.