Sunday, April 22, 2007

Aeronautic Extravaganza x2

So, the other day we had our good friend Jon over for some good times. After a lovely meal, the beautiful warm skies were beckoning and we decided to go for a walk. The following tale ensued:

It was a beautiful day when Jon, Gord and Janice decided to go to the neighbourhood ice cream store for a scoop or two.



As they were crossing the street to get to the river pathway, Janice reached out her little tongue and took a BIG lick of her Raspberry Sorbet.



Joy then turned to dismay as the lick promptly overturned the little scoop of Raspberry Sorbet right onto the road.



A single tear ran down her face as she watched her poor little scoop sitting forlornly on the pavement. Motorist passerbys all pointed and laughed at the sad (yet strangely hillarious) spectacle.



Gord and Jon also pointed and laughed. Dismay then turned to the anger of severe dissappointment as Janice quickly punted the still round Raspberry scoop right across the road.



The entire scene was of such a nature that to avoid anymore catastrophe, the boys immediately guided Janice back to the ice cream store where a mildly amused ice cream scooper and a not even mildly amused ice cream manager provided Janice with a fresh new scoop of Raspberry Sorbet. 2 cones and 8 dollars later, we were all once again happy.




Seriously, it was one of those things that was sad and also pathetic. I know if I were driving by I would have laughed just as hard as each of those mean spirited people.

Later that night we experimented with our paper airplane skills.
Introducing
Jon and the Co Lab Eration


Gord and The Bus


Janice and the Arrow Advantage




The Arrow Advantage even nimbly made its way between the blinds. I think we know who the winner was here. Peace out.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You make us laugh!

Elissa said...

Janice, I actually broke out into full out belly laughs in an office filled with quietly working people. Now they all know that I am not working like they are, but am catching up on my Monday morning blogs! So funny. I would have definitely cried too. You guys should head out to Abby this summer. It would be fun to see you guys! Maybe we'll just have to meet half way like we've talked about!

Trev and Rebekah said...

I love it that you can have fun doing simple things like paper airplanes.
And yeah for rasp shorbet. That's my fav.

Jen said...

Hi Janice, good to hear from you too. We're living in Prince Albert, Marlin runs his own business here. I gotta run... supper is almost ready... take care!

Jonny said...

Hey dudes. Nice pics Janice. You forgot to draw the guys in the car laughing their faces off, also eyore with an apathetic look on his face in the ice cream store. FYI everybody, my plane won the trick competition.

Jamie said...

I love these posts - thanks for the laughs!!