Bownesian: Noun 1. A person who was born in, or is a citizen or inhabitant of Bowness. Adhesion: Noun 1. The ability of a substance to stick to an unlike substance. 2. A feeling of attachment (e.g. an infant to its parents). 3. An agreement to adhere. This is the story of two bownesians and their ploy to live life to the fullest.
Sunday, March 18, 2007
Okay, not to complain, alright, solely for the sake of complaining - my stupid cold I thought I was over is still hanging on. Enough of that. Yesterday was a gorgeous day here so my friend Melissa and I decided to go on a lovely long walk by the river. It was wonderful. A little wet, as about three inches of the bottom of my pants got drenched. But lovely none the less. The sun was shining and I got to thinking about flip flops and summer and kids playing and the like. Melissa and I had a good talk about many things including the possibility of running a once a week outdoor activity for the youngsters in her neighbourhood. This sounds like a wonderful plan to me. Gord and I talk endlessly of ways to live more in community with those around us here in Calgary. Though it really seems like trying to fit a square peg in a round hole to talk of real community and Calgary in the same sentence, but you never know, we might be surprised. Just thinking out loud.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
community... oh janice.. it is what I seem to be talking about lots lately too... very much on my heart... anyway, sometime you are in Saskatoon give me a call and we can go for coffee and talk all about community and how to live it out...
I hear you are out this weekend. Yeah. It will be great to see everyone again. We won't stay long Sat night as we have others to see too but I do want to pop in around 8 or so to hang out for an hour or so.
Post a Comment